By using any of the Services, you consent to the terms of this Policy.
- Data That We Collect and Receive
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect data from you or from other sources. This “data” may be information that you directly provide to us, such as personal information you provide when you visit the Services, or information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as anonymous information collected from your browser or device. The categories of other sources from which we collect personal data include our affiliates, sponsors, partners, vendors, service providers, data brokers and public sources.
The data we collect consists of personal identifiers, commercial information, Internet/other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, characteristics of protected classifications, and inferences drawn from this information. More specifically, the data we collect may include:
- Data that you provide directly when you register for, or use, the Services. This data will vary, but typically consists of name, email address, in some circumstances a phone number and other similar contact data. We also receive data from the communications you send to us, such as customer service inquiries, service and other reviews and other feedback regarding the Services.
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, country and language preference.
- Device data, such as type of device, operating system and other software installed on the device, device settings, IP address, device identifiers and error reports.
- Usage data, such as the programs and features you access, items you purchase, and the timing, frequency and duration of your interactions through the Services.
- Location data, such as IP addresses received from your device.
- Information about your interests and preferences, such as your favorite artists/events, your home city or your communications preferences. In addition to what you provide directly, we may infer your interests and preferences from other data we collect, such as the content and advertisements you interact with while using the Services.
- Third party integrations. If you connect your use of the Services through a third party service (e.g., a social media platform), the third party may share certain information from your third party account with us.
- Other third party data, such as data from our affiliates, partners or vendors, data brokers or public sources.
- How We Use Data
We may use the data we collect for the following purposes:
Operating our business. We use the data we collect to operate our business, including providing and improving the Services. Specifically:
- To fulfill transactions that you request.
- To deliver location-based Services and comply with territorial restrictions.
- To diagnose and fix problems with the Services and providing other customer support services.
- For analytical purposes to better understand our visitors and fans and how they use the Services, which allows us to continually improve and expand the Services.
- To build predictive models, which allow us to tailor the Services based on the data we have about how our visitors and fans use the Services.
Communicating with you. We use the data we collect to communicate with you, including responding to your requests or inquiries. Specifically:
- To respond to your request if you contact us with a question or concern.
- To provide information about your use of the Services or other transactions that you request.
- To deliver news, updates and other types of communications, according to your subscriptions, alerts and other preferences.
Marketing and advertising. We use the data we collect for marketing or advertising purposes, on behalf of ourselves, as well as our sponsors, partners and other parties. Specifically:
- To send you emails, promotional messages and deliver advertisements about products, services, programs or events that may be of interest to you. These may be offered by, or on behalf of, our sponsors, partners and other third parties with whom we have a relationship.
The promotional messages and advertisements that you see may be determined by data that we collect or receive about you, such as your demographic data, location data, usage data, interests and preferences. We refer to this as “interest-based advertising”.
Security, compliance and enforcement. We use the data we collect for security, compliance and enforcement purposes. Specifically:
- To protect the safety and security of our visitors, fans and our Services.
- To detect and prevent abuse, fraud or other unlawful or unauthorized activities.
- To resolve disputes.
- To enforce our agreements, including our policies and terms of service that govern your use of the Services.
We may also use your data in any other manner as disclosed at the time of collection, or when we have otherwise obtained consent. Please also note that this Policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with aggregated, pseudonymized or anonymized data.
- How We Share and Disclose Data
There are times when the data we collect may be shared. We share your data for the following purposes:
Providing the Services. We sometimes engage or partner with other companies to operate the Services or perform certain functions on our behalf – for example, maintaining our visitor and fan database, delivering messages and advertising, operating our websites and digital platforms. We may provide these companies with access to your data as needed for them to perform these functions in a manner consistent with this Policy. For more information about who these companies are, and how they use your data, please see the “Third Party Sites and Sections” section of this Policy below.
Among our Affiliated Companies. We may share personal data among the companies affiliated with us to provide and improve the Services, to build predictive models to better understand our visitors and fans, to send promotional messages and advertisements about products and services that may be of interest to you, and for other purposes consistent with this Policy.
As part of a change in business structure. In the event of a sale, merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar event, or in contemplation of such an event (e.g., due diligence), your data may be among the transferred assets.
When necessary under certain circumstances. We may disclose your personal data when we believe that disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process.
- Protect the safety and security of our visitors and fans or our Services.
- Prevent fraud, abuse or other unlawful or unauthorized activities.
- Protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of third parties, including enforcing the terms of our agreements.
We may also share your data for any other purpose as disclosed at the time of collection, or when we have otherwise obtained consent. Please note that this Policy is not intended to limit our ability to share or disclose aggregated, pseudonymized or anonymized data.
- What Choices You Have
You have many choices about how we collect, use and share your data.
Communications choices. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional messages from us and which types of messages you wish to receive. If you receive promotional messages from us and would like to opt out, you may do so by following instructions within those messages.
Advertising choices. You can opt out of interest-based advertising as described in this section and in the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section of this Policy. When you opt out, your selection is stored on a cookie on your device. If you delete the cookie from that device or sign in from a different device, you will need to opt out again.
Because the data used for interest-based advertising is also used for other necessary purposes (including providing the Services and for authentication and security purposes), opting out of interest-based advertising does not stop the data from being collected nor reduce the number of advertisements you will see. However, the data will not be used for interest-based advertising, which means the advertisements you do see may be less relevant to you.
Other choices. You also have choices about the data you provide directly to us when you register for or use the Services. Please note, however, that if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide certain features of the Services, your use of the Services may not include those features.
If you would like to request that we delete other personal data referenced in this Policy, you may visit the form here or contact us using any of the methods described in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Policy.
You can choose not to share certain location data by adjusting the settings on your device. Please note, however, that if you choose not to share this data, you may not be able to access or use location-based Services.
You can choose to limit the data that third party services (e.g., social media platforms) share with us using the options provided to you by the applicable third party service (for example, the options provided by a third party social media platform when you connect your social media account with the Services). You can also disconnect your use of the Services from the third party service at any time using the options provided to you by the applicable third party service. Please note, however, that if you disconnect from the third party service, that will not delete the data we may have previously collected while you were connected.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are unique to your device or browser. They can either be session-based (i.e., lasting only while your browser is open and automatically deleted when you close your browser) or persistent (i.e., lasting until you delete them or they expire).
- Locally stored objects. Locally stored objects (“LSOs”), also commonly called “Flash cookies,” are stored on your device or browser to provide Services that use Adobe Flash technology.
- Web beacons. “Web beacons” or clear GIFs are small pieces of code placed on a Service to collect data about users of that Service.
- Software development kits. Mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) are bits of computer code used by mobile app developers to enable or enhance various features of a mobile app. For example, an app developer may include an SDK within a mobile app that enables advertisements to be shown, data to be collected, and related services or analytics to be performed in connection with the mobile app.
We may use Tracking Technologies for the following purposes:
- Security. We use Tracking Technologies to help detect fraud and abuse of the Services, including attempts to access the Services without authorization.
- Analytics. We use Tracking Technologies to gather usage and performance data about the Services, including counting the number of unique visitors to a particular Service.
- Advertising. We use Tracking Technologies to track how many users have seen or clicked on an advertisement. This allows us to learn which advertising campaigns are most effective and also to help limit the number of times a user is shown the same advertisement.
- Interest-based advertising. We use Tracking Technologies to collect information about your interests so that we can deliver advertising that is most relevant to your interests.
- Tailoring the Services. We use Tracking Technologies to collect information about how you use the Services so that we can tailor your experience based on what is most relevant to your interests.
In some cases, we may work with third parties (for example, third party operators of the Services) to synchronize our unique, anonymous identifiers (such as those associated with Tracking Technologies) with the third party’s own identifiers. This enables us to better achieve each of the purposes described above.
Managing Tracking Technologies. Most web browsers give you the ability to manage Tracking Technologies used on a website, including blocking or deleting them. Please note that if you choose to block Tracking Technologies, you may not be able to use certain features that depend on those Tracking Technologies (such as keeping you signed in or remembering your preferences). If you choose to delete Tracking Technologies, any settings and preferences that were associated with those Tracking Technologies will also be deleted and may need to be reset.
Please note that opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will stop seeing, or see fewer, advertisements. It does, however, mean that the advertisements you do see will not be interest-based and may be less relevant to your interests.
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features that send an automated signal to the websites that you visit using that browser. At this time, the Services do not recognize or respond to these signals. However, you can adjust your preferences regarding the data we collect using the tools and methods described above.
Security of Data
We take data security seriously. We take a number of steps to protect your data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the data we collect and use, as well as the current state of technology. This includes, for example, storing your data on systems that have limited access and are maintained in controlled facilities. We also use, and require our vendors to use, industry standard security protocols when processing any payments for your use of the Services.
It is important to remember that no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We recommend that you help us keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps such as keeping your passwords private and not disclosing sensitive personal data in places that can be accessed publicly.
Return to Top
Third Party Sites and Sections
We work with a number of third parties to operate the Services. When we engage third parties in connection with operating the Services, those third parties may only collect, use or access your data as needed for them to perform these functions.
These third parties are only authorized to use your data as permitted under this Policy, or as disclosed to you at the time your data is collected. Please note, however, that these third parties may supplement data collected or received in connection with the Services with data they collect or receive through other websites, platforms and services, in accordance with the policies and disclosures posted on those websites, platforms and services. Within the past twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information: personal identifiers, commercial information, Internet/other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, characteristics of protected classifications, and inferences drawn from this information.
The Services may also contain links to, or integrations with, other websites, platforms or services that are not operated or controlled by us (each a “Third Party Site,” and collectively, the “Third Party Sites”). Please note that this Policy does not apply to those Third Party Sites. For more information on how those Third Party Sites collect, use and share data, we suggest that you contact the operators of those Third Party Sites directly.
Children and Parents
The Services are not directed at children under the age of 16, and our policy is to not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13, nor to sell personal data of individuals under the age of 16. We encourage parents and guardians to monitor their children’s online behavior, put parental control tools in place, and teach children not to provide their personal data through the Services without parental consent.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us without parental consent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using any of the methods described in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Policy, and we will endeavor to delete that data from our systems.
- Storing Data
By providing personal data in connection with the Services, you acknowledge and agree that such personal data may be transferred from your current location to our affiliated entities and servers, and our authorized third party service providers located in the United States. Our practice when transferring personal data is to rely on standard data protection contract clauses or individual consent.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other necessary purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these factors vary for different types of personal data, actual retention periods may vary.
California Privacy Rights
- The categories of personal information we collect about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collect about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed in the prior twelve months.
- If we sold your personal information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of personal information we have sold in the prior twelve months.
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information. In some circumstances we may not be able to honor your request for deletion – for example, if we need to hold on to your information to protect the security or functionality of our operations, to service your account, or to comply with legal obligations.
To ask for a record of the information we hold about you, or to ask us to delete your information, please visit us here. You must provide enough information that we can verify who you are and that you are a California resident. We will only use personal information provided in a request to verify the requester’s identity and authority to make the request.
You also have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time. We may have sold the following categories of personal information within the last twelve months: personal identifiers, commercial information, Internet/other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, characteristics of protected classifications, and inferences drawn from this information. To opt out of the sale of your personal information, you may submit a request to us here.
You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make any of these requests under the CCPA on your behalf. We will not deny services, charge different prices, offer a different quality of service or otherwise discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
- European and Other Non-US Privacy Rights
We do not have operations outside the United States. Use outside the United States is at your own risk, and you understand we may not be compliant with non-United States laws or regulations.
We may change this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our business, the Services, or our practices and procedures. If we do make changes, we will post any changes on this page and indicate the date on which the Policy was last revised. We encourage you to review this Policy periodically, especially before you provide personal data directly to us through the Services. Your continued use of the Services after any changes to this Policy are in effect constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy.
- How to Contact Us
Although we strive to make this Policy as comprehensive as possible, we know you may still have questions or concerns about how we collect, use and share data. If you have a question, concern or complaint regarding our data privacy practices, you may contact us by any of the following methods:
- By writing to us at 3900 W Manchester Blvd., Inglewood CA 90305 Attn: Legal Department; or
- By sending an email to email@example.com